Buying a home can be very stressful. Using a home buying checklist like this will make the process go a lot smoother:
- Request your credit report from all three bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion). Review each report for accuracy and correct any errors.
- Compile the financial documents you will need to provide your loan officer. You will need bank statements, pay stubs and previous years’ tax returns.
- Research options for your home loan. Begin comparing home loans from reputable lenders by getting personalized quotes. Be sure to ask for a mortgage pre-approval letter for contract offers. It will help make you a more competitive buyer.
- Start exploring neighborhoods. In order to find the right neighborhood, check out the commute times, school ratings, crime activity and more.
- Make a list of priorities. What are your must haves, nice to haves and dream features in your new home?
- Find a real estate agent. Having the right agent is one of the most important steps in the home buying process. Read agents’ profiles, ratings and reviews. Ask family and friends for recommendations. Choose an agent that specializes in the type of home and neighborhood you’re seeking.
- Begin house hunting. Now that you have everything in order, you’re ready to begin your search. A great place to start is online. Visit open houses and schedule private showings with your agent.
Contact Coldwell Banker Innovations to find your perfect agent and begin your new home search today.